Capitol Park Plaza was originally designed by Pietro Belluschi and constructed in 1950. Working with the current building owner, Idaho Department of Lands, erstad ARCHITECTS completed a 32,700 S.F. total building renovation, including exterior streetscape improvements, replacement of exterior windows, elevator modernization, HVAC, all lighting systems, and complete interior reorganization and remodel of the three floor levels. Energy Modeling and Life Cycle Cost Analysis were performed in order to select the most efficient and cost-effective systems for the building while enhancing energy efficiency. In order for the building to remain occupied during construction, work was scheduled in phases by floor level with temporary relocations of the occupants.